Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Potato and marrow soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato and marrow soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato and marrow soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Becoming And Staying Healthy Together With Diet And Exercise.
If you haven’t noticed, individuals today seem to be suffering from far more illnesses and diseases than they ever have. A lot of this is due to people generally being unhealthy and also overweight. Most people that are at the right weight generally have less illnesses and diseases than those people who are obese. As you go through this article you will find some helpful tips to help you lose a little weight and in addition start living healthier.
You should start off with 5 to 6 servings of fruit and veggies, these need to be eaten everyday, and all throughout the day. The vitamins and also nutrition detected in these types of foods can actually make it easier to fight off certain illnesses and diseases. Just eating fruit can also be helpful for those people who just can not stand vegetables. If you are just a fruit eater, you should make sure to vary the fruit you eat day to day, don’t merely eat apples. While it is not as good as mixing them with vegetables, it is better than not feeding on any kind of produce. Furthermore try to eat your vegetables and fruit before beginning on your main course. The key goal of executing that is to begin filling you up prior to getting to the other foods that are not as healthy and balanced for you.
One more thing that can help you to consume less food would be to make sure you drink a whole glass of water before you decide to take a seat for your meal. The water doesn’t just help fill you up but it also enables you to purge your body of contaminants. Many individuals end up finding that they are hungry in the mid morning, if this happens have some water and a piece of fruit, which should hold you over. This will help you get through the day while not going to the junk food joints.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and marrow soup recipe. To make potato and marrow soup you only need 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato and marrow soup:
- Provide For cooking potatoes:
- Prepare 1 k potatoes, chopped into chunks
- Prepare Water, to boil (enough to cover the potatoes)
- Use 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare For cooking marrow:
- Prepare 320 g marrow, sliced into chunks
- You need Water, enough to boil (enough to cover marrow)
- Prepare Sauté onions and garlic:
- Prepare 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Provide 1 white onion, sliced
- Take 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- Take Stock/broth:
- Prepare 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Get 250 ml warm water plus extra 190 ml water
- You need Other ingredients:
- Prepare 120 ml milk (any milk of choice, I used soya)
- You need Salt and pepper (white and ground black pepper) to season
- Take Garnish:
- Take Sprinkle of ground black pepper, optional
- Prepare Croutons, optional
Steps to make Potato and marrow soup:
- In a sauce pan on medium to high heat, place the potatoes, salt and water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium and cook until soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In another sauce pan on medium to high heat, place the marrow as and water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium and cook until soft. Then drain and set aside to cool.
- While potato and marrow cool down, in a pan on medium to high heat add oil and sauté the onions until translucent and soft. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a measuring jug, pour in 250ml warm water and stock cube. Stir to dissolve mixture.
- In another measuring jug add 120ml of milk.
- To make the soup in a food process add the cooked vegetables and sautéed onions and garlic. Blitz together and then apply pour in the stock bit by bit. Once incorporated pour in the milk bit by bit.
- In a large stockpot or saucepan, pour a bit of the mixture into a sieve at a time and push through the soup. This makes the soup extra smooth.
- Once all of the mixture has pushed through, on medium heat, heat the soup up. In a measuring jug, pour in 190ml warm water and the remaining stock cube. Stir to dissolve mixture. Pour into the soup mixture and stir well. Now season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Once soup is heated through turn off heat.
- In a soup bowl, ladle the soup and serve immediately while pipping hot. Eat as it is or garnish with ground black pepper (optional) and croutons (optional).
If you find this Potato and marrow soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.