Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Using Diet As Well As Physical Fitness In Order To Live A More Healthy Life.
In case you haven’t noticed, men and women today seem to be suffering from more illnesses and diseases than they ever have. This can be attributed to the fact that in general men and women are just out of shape and never eat healthy. Most people that are at the right weight tend to have less illnesses and diseases than people who are too heavy. In this article we are going to be talking about a few things you can do to improve your health and shed some weight at the same time.
One of the primary keys to eating healthy is to make sure you are getting a minimum amount of 5 servings of your fruits and veggies on a daily basis. The vitamins and also nutrition found in these kinds of foods can actually enable you to fight off certain ailments and diseases. Just feeding on fruit can also be an option for those people who just can’t stand vegetables. Meaning that you will be eating 5 or 6 helpings of fruit everyday as an option. If of course you can choke down a few vegetables that would be better but just eating fresh fruit is definitely better than not eating any produce at all. One more thing you should do is to have these fruits and vegetables with every meal and try to eat those before you start on the main course. This way you won’t be as hungry when your feeding on the other foods and you will end up eating a smaller amount of the foods that are not healthy to begin with.
Before you have a seat to eat your dinner or another meal, try having a whole glass of water before you begin eating as this can also cause you to feel fuller faster. Another thing with regards to drinking water, is that it can help to detox your body, so you will be ingesting less and flushing out your system at the same time. Many people end up becoming hungry in the mid morning, if this happens have some water and also a piece of fruit, that could hold you over. This will help you get through the day without going to the fast food joints.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker southwestern chicken soup recipe. You can cook slow cooker southwestern chicken soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Prepare 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat - more flavor. :) )
- Get 6 cups water
- Get 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Provide 6 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- Get 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don't disintegrate and still retain some texture)
- Get 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they're seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they're in season)
- You need 1 large stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Provide 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional - I don't always care for beans in this soup - but add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans)
- Prepare 1/2 a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels)
- Use 1/2 a 15 oz. can of tomatoes
- Provide 1/2-1 teaspoon cumin
- Get 1-2 teaspoons dried oregano
- You need 2 bay leaves
- Get 3-3.5 teaspoons kosher salt to start
- Get 1-1.5 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Use 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course)
- Take 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional, but recommended)
- Use optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges
Steps to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs.
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets.
- It's always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can't manage that because you're out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it.
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. :) - - Enjoy!
If you find this Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.